Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Help a Newbie out...


Yes, I said newbie & yes, I'll continue to say dorky, over-rated, never heard, and/or cliché things... there's no stoppin' me!



Welcome to my blog.


I say this because I don't really know how else to start off a blog. I don't have anything epic or incredibly witty to say to you that makes you immediately click the "follow" button and admire my coolness... I just like to talk. For the most part, to anybody who'll listen.

I'm a talker, always have been, always will be. There's just no shutting me up. I love to write. The days of Xanga (before myspace was IT and before Facebook was even more IT) were when I was at my cyber-happiest. So I've been reading... err... I should probably start picking up the blogging dialect... following some fellow blogger's blogs (alliteration is my guilty pleasure) and exploding with the need to write. I've always secretly enjoyed writing once I start but therein lies the problem: where to start.

I've had this account for a while just always sittin' around taunting me by waiting around till I'm ready. Practically screaming at me that I'm a gutless wimp. Just start already!

So here I am. Months later. Starting.

Ever get the feeling that you're a new kid on the block (no not the boy band) in way more ways than one? What to do! Where to begin?? And what's worse... what to do next?!

Any suggestions for a new kid desperately trying to fit into the blogging world? And how do I do that fancy-smanshy trick where any words you type are a link? Help!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way! I'm still trying to figure everything out. At least we finally started our blogs! We're on the right track. Joining 20 something bloggers has been really helpful too.