Wednesday, October 7, 2009

That Redhead Connection




Two posts in two hours. I'm like a heroin addict, one entry and I'm already looking for my next fix.

So, I was sitting on my couch waiting for the fabulous Wonderful Wednesday Lineup as I like to call it which consists of SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance, for you uncultured baffoons that
clearly need to watch a little more fox during prime time television hours even if it means having less of a life) and Glee. What more could a dancer want out of life!? Well apparently, this dancer needs an injection of blogger.com. So as I sit, I twitched with anticipation wondering how long I'd have to hold out through the withdrawal syndromes until it was socially acceptable to post a second blog. I mean jeesh, I only JUST started a few hours ago.

I
circumlocute...
That's right I just thesaurused digress. So what? Now you're thanking me for teaching you a new word. And yes I made thesaurus into a verb, what's it to ya?

Anyways, I was plopped onto the couch (err loveseat, Roomie and I really do need to invest in some more sitting space) fighting off all of these ideas to blog about trying to convince myself that I can fight through the withdrawals and wait
at least a day and then it hit me. The Redhead Connection. I couldn't just ignore this one.

Fellow gingers (sorry plain johns&janes you can read too... it'll give you an insight),
Have you ever noticed that almost eerie connection when you pass another carrot-topped feller on the streets or are introduced to a friend of a friend because "He's a redhead too!". Why is that? You think blondes get that look in their eye like no one else understands the life of a blonde but them? No. What's the big deal? Yes, I have red hair. No, It is not fake.

The only thing worse is when you meet face to face with a creepy redhead of the opposite sex. NO I AM NOT INTERESTED JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE RED HAIR. And HELL NO it does not give you the merit to use phrases like "sweet thing," "gorgeous," or my personal favorite, "babygirl" I am not a baby and I sure as hell am not your girl.
And for that matter, nor should you ever utter the words "baby girl" ESPECIALLY as a pale-skinned, freckle-faced, ginger. Got it? Good.
Sorry for the harsh words, I'm sure you're not all like that, boys; and the Redheaded pale skinned creeper from Lovefest, I'm sorry -- Lovelution, just ruined it for you all in my head. But someone had to say it.


p.s. no matter how hard I try, the second half still posts in giant letters... hmm

3 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

I connected to you through another blog.

Hi, it looks like I am your first comment.

Check out my blog and tell me what you think.

Best regards

Mandy said...

DUDE i totally get it. honestly though, it all boils down to us being superior to everyone else in the world. i mean what other explanation is there? NONE.

and i know it sounds bad but i don't think i could ever date a guy with red hair, just because not only would i be known as "the redhead girl," but we'd be "the redheaded couple." bluuurrrggghh....

i actually blogged about that awhile ago, i think.

and thanks for the compliment on my blog as well :)

emily said...

consider me a proud member of this club!! haha i love this!! we have to stick together... :)